Financial Aid & Awards
Now that you have made one of the most important decisions in your life - to pursue a post-secondary education, you have undoubtedly discovered that it is a considerable investment. Education is a powerful investment in you.
Your transformative Christian higher education will enable you to make a difference in the world, whether as a ministry worker at a church or a working professional in the marketplace.
We want to help you make that investment through scholarships, bursaries or student loans. According to Alberta Student Aid, Open Government Program, “Alberta continues to provide among the most generous scholarship funding in Canada, more than 50,600 Alberta students shared $96 million”.
T (403) 410-2938 | E firstname.lastname@example.org | Book an Appointment
Services & Resources
The Financial Aid & Awards office offers you a variety of services:
Scholarship and bursary information
Financial assistance guidance
Student Loan advising
Apply for Financial Aid
(open from January 25 - June 1)
If you’ve applied as a new student or are registered as a full-time student at Ambrose for the upcoming academic year and have financial need, you may be eligible to receive assistance with your Ambrose tuition and fees and even with your living expenses.
Funds are provided by generous donors who believe in Ambrose and want to make an Ambrose education accessible to students who are in financial need. For a list of all endowed scholarships and bursaries, see List of Awards.
The Student Financial Assistance Fund and all Ambrose endowed and annual bursaries are available to students of Ambrose University who demonstrate financial need in accordance with the criteria below.
To provide financial assistance, which includes the Student Financial Assistance Fund and all Ambrose endowed and annual bursaries, to students of Ambrose University who demonstrate financial need in accordance with the criteria below.
- Students must be registered in full-time* (Undergraduate: 9 credits/semester, Seminary: 18 credits/Fall - May) at Ambrose University for the next academic year. New undergraduate students must be planning to register for nine credit hours or more. Students who have been approved to study at a 40%-course load as a full time equivalent based on a disability will be considered for full time awards. For a list of disabilites and required documentation please see the second page of Schedule 4 and our New Accessibilty Registration page.
- A student's level of eligibility for assistance may be affected by other scholarships received.
- An accurate and complete Financial Assistance application will determine eligibility for assistance reflecting reasonable living expenses.
- Returning students must not have any current outstanding balances on their student account.
Eligibility & Process
- Submit the Financial Assistance Application online. An accurate and complete Financial Assistance application will determine eligibility for assistance, reflecting reasonable living expenses.
- The Financial Aid & Awards Coordinator will allocate donated funds as indicated by the donor and based on a recipient’s eligibility. Funds will be used to cover any outstanding current semester tuition and fees to Ambrose in the Fall and then may be used for personal needs.
- Students receiving assistance will be required to repay funds awarded should they withdraw or be asked to withdraw from school.
- A student’s level of eligibility for assistance may be affected by continuing and/or external scholarships received.
* Students who have been approved to study at a 40%-course load as a full-time equivalent based on a disability will be considered for full-time awards. (See schedule 4: Federal/Provincial Grant for Post-secondary student with Disabilities)
Apply for Financial Aid Assistance
Financial Aid Blog
Your Ambrose Enrolment Team
We are your main point of contact for admission inquiries, program information and for scheduling campus visits. We are passionate about connecting you with the Ambrose community, and are dedicated to your success as a student.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have.
For all enrolment inquiries contact:
Toll Free: 800-461-1222