Now that you're admitted
Congratulations! Now that you have received admission to your program, you probably have questions about what happens next. Here are some pointers on what to expect and what you still need to do in preparation.
Are you a School of Education Student? Visit your page here: Admitted Students
Important Dates for Winter 2023
- Residence opens: January 22, 2023
- Fees due: January 9, 2023
- Winter orientation: January 9, 2023
- Classes begin: January 9, 2023
- Convocation Chapel: January 10, 2023
- Last day to add or drop a course: January 22, 2023
- Continuing Student Scholarships and Bursary applications available: January 25, 2023 - February 28, 2023
- Last day of classes: April 14, 2023
Important Dates for Spring 2023
- Classes: May 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023
- Victoria Day: May 22, 2023 (no classes)
Important Dates for Fall 2023
- Fees due: August 31, 2023
- Residence opens: September 3, 2023
- Orientation for new students: September 5, 2023
- Classes begin: September 6, 2023
- Last day to add or drop a course: September 18, 2023
How To Register
1. Pay Your Deposit
The non-refundable $250 Tuition Deposit is credited towards your tuition payment and allows you to register for classes. You can pay the deposit online using any of the methods listed here: Payment Options. You can also send an email transfer to: email@example.com. Please ensure your student ID is entered with your payment.
2. Choose Your Courses
Be sure to refer to your program requirements sheet and list of recommended first year courses. If you are having trouble choosing which courses to enroll in, contact your Faculty or Admissions Advisor -- they are both more than happy to help.
See the complete list of courses that you need to enroll in and complete throughout your time at Ambrose in order to graduate from your program: Program Requirements
Your Faculty Advisor is a professor in your program who is available to guide you throughout your time at Ambrose.
3. Register Online
My.ambrose.edu is your student portal for registration, email, news and events. You can register for classes by clicking here!
New Student Registration for Fall 2023 opens May 1, 2023.
Your education is one of the most important investments you will make. It is important to know that tuition and fees are due on August 31, 2023, and that you have multiple methods available to make your payment.
5. Apply to live in Residence or Register as a Commuter Student
The Residence program is set up to support you during your studies at Ambrose. If you would like to live in Residence you will need to submit a Residence Application. Space is limited and rooms are granted on a first come first serve basis. Room assignments will be determined in August. Commuter Students will be able to register with the Commuter Collegium during Orientation.
6. Student Academic Success
Being in university is hard and sometimes it is difficult to orient yourself around this season of life. We have services dedicated to our students to help them succeed academically and mentally. Listed are just a few of these services that we like to highlight for our new and incoming students:
The bookstore serves the university with textbooks, school clothing and gear, fair trade gifts, and general interest reading materials. Our online store is an excellent place to find out about course lists.
Students with Accessibility Needs
Accommodations and services are intended to remove barriers related to the functional limitations caused by a disability or health condition. Students with documented disabilities or health conditions may be eligible for a number of accommodations and services while studying at Ambrose. The Accessibility Services Office staff will need to meet with you well in advance of the start of the semester to allow for sufficient time to arrange accommodations, services and potential funding opportunities. Students are responsible for contacting us to set up a meeting prior to each semester to discuss their needs as well as provide relevant and current medical, psycho-educational, and/or psychological documentation.
Click here for more information or visit the Accessibility Services Office located on the 2nd floor in the Student Life Office.
- Register early -- courses fill up quickly.
- Be aware of minimum credit requirements for student loans and scholarships.
- The maximum recommended course load each semester is 15 credit hours or 5 courses.
- Review the first year recommended courses. These will set you up to meet pre-requisites for senior-level courses in future semesters. For example, in order to enroll in Children's Literature (EN 240) you will need to have completed Introduction to Literature and Language (EN 115)
- The Academic Calendar provides detailed course descriptions and lists pre-requisites, as well as other important academic information.
- Last day to add/drop: January 22, 2023
Student Registration System
- Shortly after paying your tuition deposit, you should receive an email about your login credentials from IT.
- Log in by entering your username and password. If you did not receive an email, please contact your Admissions Advisor.
- For a step-by-step guide, go to:
You will receive all official Ambrose communication through your Ambrose email. It is your responsibility to regularly check your Ambrose email for important information from the Office of the Registrar, Student Development, Finance and your professors.
Your Ambrose Enrolment Team
We are your main point of contact for admission inquiries, program information and for scheduling campus visits. We are passionate about connecting you with the Ambrose community, and are dedicated to your success as a student.