Student Ambassador Program Information
The recruitment and admissions office at Ambrose is looking for enthusiastic, reliable, hard-working Ambrose students to play a key role in various on and off campus events!
Student ambassadors play an important role in communicating enthusiastically about Ambrose University to prospective students.
As an ambassador, you can expect to participate in the following:
- Help out with on-campus events such as open house, program information evenings, athletic nights, and preview days.
- Host and help run youth group nights at local churches.
- Assist the program with a specific area of responsibility. This could include:
- Worship team: Go to youth group events and play a worship set. Help out with set up and take down of event.
- Residence host: Host students staying in residence for overnight events.
- International Student: work with our international applicants – sharing personal experience coming to Ambrose, tips for international students as far as timing, documentation, etc.
- Blogging: write about your experience here at Ambrose, events taking place on campus, tips for our prospective students, etc.
- Student Ambassadors can expect to spend between 10 to 20 hours per semester assisting with external events (including travel and set up time), helping with internal events, and assisting with specific roles. Incentives are given based upon the amount of hours completed:
- 10 hours: $50 incentive
- 15 hours: $100 incentive
- 20 hours: $200 bursary
- Attend training and team building events at the beginning of each semester.
- An honorarium at the end of each semester
- Free Ambrose apparel to wear to events
- A guaranteed letter of reference from the enrolment coordinator
- Develop a wide range of professional skills including leadership, event management, communications, and so on.
- Network opportunities within the Ambrose community.
If you want to chat about the program, please contact Elke Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 403-410-2000, ext. 2954, or visit her in her office behind the finance desk.
If you are interested in applying for the program, please Apply to Be an Ambassador
Find out more about the Senior Student Ambassador position.